About Jack Allen | Thoroughbred Trainer
Jack Allen has trained for Flying G Racing’s horse racing partnerships since October of 2011. He is a knowledgeable horseman and Thoroughbred Trainer. He brings out the best in our horses and our partners in the Flying G Racing Thoroughbred Syndicate. After putting Mavata and Money Mo Money in the winner’s circle at Mountaineer Park Racetrack, he’s preparing the rest of our stable for an exciting 2013.
Jack began his career as a Trainer in 2003, after many years as a Jockey in California and the Midwest. He has amassed over $1.5 million in earnings and been a very consistent performer year in and year out.
The following is an exert from the book titled, Jockey: The Rider’s Life in American Thoroughbred Racing By Scott A. Gruender:
Former Jockey Jack Allen, who trains from his base at Mountaineer Park in West Virginia say’s, he feels he has an advantage over many there because of is past experience as a rider and the understanding of race tactics. “I feel I have a good relationship with the Jockey’s and understand that once they enter the gate, it is in the Jockey’s hands now and my job is done until after the race, so I let them pretty much do their job. I will tell them general things like try and lay close or let them make a late run but that’s about it. I think they appreciate that.”
Jack is very aware of taking advantage of all the perks the W.V Raiser program can give an owner. Jack is a Team player and enthusiastic about the sport and it’s promotion as well as upfront and honest. We feel we have the best of both worlds with Jack as a member of our TEAM.
Why is Jack Great for Flying G Racing?
- Availability - Jack is ALWAYS available for his owners. You can reach him anytime by phone and you are welcome to stop by the barn as well. He is always happy to hear from you.
- Honesty - You will find Jack to be an extremely honest and trustworthy person who will respect and protect your investment. He always puts the needs of his owners first.
- Experience - Jack’s experience with Thoroughbred Racing is broadened by his many years as a jockey. He rode races in Southern California and the Midwest as well as Mexico and Canada.
- Priorities - Jack wants your experience as a Thoroughbred owner to be rewarding on every level. He is committed to helping you meet your goals as an owner.
- Competitive Day Rate - You will find Jack’s day rate to be very reasonable, probably about 40% less than you may be paying at another track.
An Open Invitation
Spend the day at Mountaineer Racetrack and visit Jack Allen’s Racing Stable. Watch the horses breeze and have a cup of coffee on Jack at the Trackside Kitchen! Jack will take the time to answer all of your questions, show you around the track and make your day enjoyable. Call Jack now at (949)235-5713 to make arrangements for your visit!